Hey everybody! So you do you listen to Christian Radio? I mean 91.9 or 90.9? Well, tonight on the way home from Ryan's. I had on WEMI the Whitehorse Inn. Guess what they were talking about Becky? They were talking about what we talked about for our Bible Study, and what the message at church was (I think that is right my mind just went blank). I thought "Wow! That is cool! Then I heard the song after "Hallelujah." Not the one by K.D. Lang, which I like. It is "Hallelujah" by Heather Williams . Man, listen to this song. It is one powerful song.
Okay, my point! I was starting off on a not so good week last week. I was getting frustrated all to easily. So I got sick of listening to 101.1 or 105.7. I would switch between the two. Well, at times I would flip it to Christian radio. Then I would get bored with it, and turn it back to 101.1. So Monday I made the change. I listened to Christian radio all week long when I was in my car. I would flip to 101.1. Then switch it back. I am now bored with 101.1. And I really don't like the message that they are portraying.
It is amazing to me that once you turn on Christian radio, a certain topic or song pops us. That fits that moment. Or they talk about people or things that are going on in people today. This week I heard this on the radio. I may not repeat it properly, and I probably botched it when I told it to Ryan. He doesn't agree with it. I do. The person on the radio said "have you ever noticed that people who are generous, are believers in God? That generosity comes from those that believe in God because he has a tremendous amount of generosity." They based this on Luke 16. This is also a video series I think.
Ryan said with what I just told you, that there are people out there that don't believe who are the most generous people in the world. I will read the chapter and try to figure it out. You go ahead and do that also. Now when reading Luke 16. Read the parable of The Rich Man and Lazarus. I was reading and the generosity quote I typed, didn't fit until I went to the very last parable. It makes much more sense.
Tell me what you think about what I heard: "have you ever noticed that people who are generous, are believers in God? That generosity comes from those that believe in God because he has a tremendous amount of generosity."
What are your thoughts on this?
Do you agree with it or disagree? If you agree or disagree, please tell me why.
I truly believe in what was said, but I also believe what Ryan said. So I guess I am undecided. Let's start a discussion on this.
Jodie
Monday, January 17, 2011
Christian radio and Generosity!
Posted by Jodes at 12:05 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi Jodie,
I'm glad you want to get this blog going again!
I listen to 91.9 all the time in the car...unless the kids are with me. Then they insist we listen to Veggie Tales. :)
I'll read up on the generosity topic and post my opinion on that! I want to do some reading on it before I respond and discuss, but I wanted you to know that someone out there noticed that you made a post! :)
- becky
Thanks! I was pretty proud of myself for coming up with a topic to talk about. I am just not sure about what they said on the radio about generosity. Not sure were I stand on that.
Post a Comment