Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sunday's Verse of the Day

Ruth replied, "Don't urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God."

Ruth 1:16

4 comments:

Becky said...

I looked up the book of Ruth on this verse. I was curious who she was speaking to. I just skimmed the chapter, but from what I gather Ruth is speaking to her mother-in-law.

From this verse, I am reminded how important it is for us to share in our beliefs with family and friends. In sticking together, we can keep each other in the Word and God's love for us - even in difficult times.

We can't get through life alone. Obviously, we need Jesus most of all. Family and friends sharing in our love for Him certainly does not hurt, though!

I have that with you ladies. Thanks again for joining me in my New Year's resolution!

suelee said...

Mother-in-law......huh.....I do believe it is important to share our beliefs with family and friends too. I try not to be overbearing about it and do it subtly. I tend to judge those (least I say it..)bible beaters on the street corners in the summertime as coming on too strong.

Becky said...

I remember those people on the street corner down there! I guess we don't have those up here because it's too cold - LOL!

I am curious to know what denomination they are. We studied Jehovah Witness today in Sunday School. They are very agressive. The scary thing is they are agressive in false teachings.

jk said...

I also read the book of Ruth to figure out the whole story here and a nice story it is! Becky yes she is speaking to her mother-in-law. It is a nice chapter to read very touching I thought.