Read Numbers 6:1-27.
In this passage, God has given Aaron permission to bless the Israelites with his name. We have a common name - Christians. We should honor this with respect. Others who may or may not be Christians observe our behavior to see how we honor this name.
How do you feel when you hear someone use Christ's name in vain? How do you respond?
- becky
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
God's Name
Posted by Becky at 8:32 PM
Labels: Daily Devotional, Daily Reading, Numbers, Old Testament
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
To me it's like fingers on a chalkboard! But, unfortunetly I don't say anything............
Maybe I should, but I hate confrontation. I just try not to use it in my life!
To me it is like a kick in the gutt. But I to don't say anything if I don't know the person. If I know the person I might say something. But to completely honest, at times I use his name in vain. Not thinking when I use it at the time. Then after I use it, I have the Homer Simpson reaction. "DOPE" I am trying really hard not to use his name in vain when angry. I try not to swear as much either since I am around children of all ages all the time. I am trying to lead by example. I use cover words that sound better. Like Holy Christmas Trees, Fudge, and so on. I use those words so much that the swear words don't come to mind. That is only when I am stressed to my max, and pushed to my ulimate limit.
Post a Comment