Friday, April 16, 2010

The Golden Rule

When an alien lives with you in your land, do not mistreat him. The alien living with you must be treated as one of your native-born. Love him as yourself, for you were aliens in Egypt. I am the Lord your God. ~ Leviticus 19:33-34
The last paragraph of my devotions talks about who these "aliens" can be in our lives today - a neighbor who admires your faith and needs some encouragement to attend church, the store clerk admiring the cross around your neck as well as your patience and kindness, etc. I love the last line. It says, "Treat the aliens in your life to a taste of God's love."
My goal for today - mind my behavior all day long. Someone might be watching me, that I don't actually have contact or a connection with, but might benefit from my patient, kind, and gracious example.
- becky

1 comments:

jk said...

I have a tendancy to be very nice and thoughtful while out in public and my sister who will remain annonomous HATES it when I am so friendly.... she says you are not at work anymore Janell you don't have to be so nice.. I love putting smiles on peoples faces and hope in return it makes their day better and think to themselves wow what a nice lady :)