Read Exodus 14:1-31.
There are so many things in this world that I am afraid of. Fear of losing my family. Fear of failure. Fear of rejection. Fear of cotton balls. (Don't laugh - They really do make me feel like my throat is closing up!)
Why does it sometimes seem like I'm not content unless I have something to worry about? As I was reading from Exodus, I highlighted a couple of verses in my Bible: ...Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today....The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.
Here are the discussion questions that were with the devotion:
What do you most fear?
How has your fear caused you to fight or take flight rather than be still and trust God?
Take some time to "be still" before the Lord and ask him to deliver you from your fears.
- becky
Monday, April 5, 2010
Overcoming Fear
Posted by Becky at 7:49 PM
Labels: Daily Devotional, Daily Reading, Exodus, fear, Old Testament
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh gosh, what do I fear and where do I start?
I fear losing my family, I fear that my parenting is "wrong", I fear that I'm not "good enough" for my husband, I fear of not doing a good enough job at work.
I usually flight instead of being still in God, because that is where I have problems letting go and letting God.
I am working hard on that I really am, but it's not easy.
I am a very fearful person with HIGH anxiety. I was "FEARFULLY" and wonderfully made! :-)
I know I'm not answering all of the questions, but I have bad memory as well. lol
Jen and I are alot a like on our thinking paths... we are twins imagine that :)
So I fear losing my family, and I fear my kids may not turn out to be good kids and hate me when they grow up.
My fear has caused fights with my husband and me over money and parenting issues etc... I need to learn to be still and let God! I would rather take flight than talk about my fears etc... running away is sometimes easier than facing your fears it seems at times for me and I know I need to change that! :)
Post a Comment