Numbers 27:1-11
This is a story of family. I could blog a lot about family. I wish I lived closer to my family. Some days it is easier than others, but I am always missing them and wanting to live closer. On a lighter note, my parents always talk of downsizing. We were visiting on vacation two years ago, so I went around their house taking pictures of the things that I wanted them to hand down to me should they go crazy with a rummage sale. It was all silly things - a candy dish, mixing bowls, a spice rack - but they are all things that remind me of my childhood.
- becky
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Numbers 27:1-11
Posted by Becky at 5:37 AM
Labels: Daily Reading, Numbers, Old Testament
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Well, we have no sons therefore you have no brothers. So it's just you and Jenny. I have seen and heard of families torn apart because of "possessions" or money in the event of a family loss. It's sad and can be prevented. Being from a family of 5 we managed to pass along family heirlooms without any squabble. It's just not worth the pain of wasted energy to families that harbor bad feelings. By the way....those items you mentioned never made it to the garage sale :)
I think it's so interesting because 1) I never realized that the name "Noah" was used for a GIRL in the Bible, 2) The name Tirzah reminds me of someone who named their daughter "Tirzah Joy" (say it over and over again -- isn't that a great name??) and 3) I LOVE the fact that the Lord said, Yes, these women are right, they DO have a right to their father's inheritance since there is no brother. Excellent!!
Post a Comment