Friday, March 26, 2010

Abused

Read Genesis 34:1-31.

Today I read the story of Dinah. Anyone ever read the book The Red Tent? It's been years since I read it. In fact, I loaned it to a friend in Pensacola, and she never returned it. :-/ It's been so long that I don't remember much about it, but this story in the Bible reminded me of that book.

Sin changes us, whether it is our own sin or sin around us. Sin around us affects us; it's important for us to surround ourselves with others trying to live with God in their hearts and constantly on their minds. There's nothing wrong with a good influence!

There are so many different kinds of abuse, and each kind affects so many people involved either directly or indirectly. My devotion Bible states that while God cannot change the past (i.e., the bad things that have happened to us or others), He is there to comfort us during difficult times. We were never promised an easy ride. Do we deserve an easy ride through life? Probably not. Jesus gave His life for us. He suffered, so why should we get a free ride.

- becky

0 comments: