Read Genesis 29:16-30.
The jealous monster hiding inside us can sometimes tempt us to change who we are or act deceitful when we are seeking out acceptance. We need to realize that we don't need acceptance from people; we should be thanking God for all that He has given us and accepting Him into our every day lives.
Think of some things that you like about yourself.
What would you change, if you could?
Are you ever afraid to show a part of your true self? God can help you to expose this part of yourself. Try it; you just might be accepted for who you are!
- becky
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
The Green Monster
Posted by Becky at 8:11 PM
Labels: Daily Devotional, Daily Reading, Genesis, Old Testament
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I sometimes have a hard time sharing that I am a Christian. Especially working for the Government where it's not right to bring church/state together.
I work with a lesbian lady as well as a girl that doesn't believe! And at times it's hard to show my "Christian side".
Maybe 2 years ago I wouldn't have said a work about my faith, but now I'm not ashamed to say I go to church on Sunday, I went to a Women's Retreat for Church, I am buying my Godchildren a devotional book for Easter etc etc.
Because I AM A CHRISTIAN. Yes, it is hard at times to be true to who you are, but if someone doesn't like me for me, then I don't need them in my life. I have great Christian friends and a God that loves me for who I am.
K, I'll get off of my soapbox now.
First off! In response to Jenny's comment. I have been there. As most of you know I don't like to bring politics up or be the first one to bring up God in unless an unbeliever brings him up first. When I worked at School Specialty I worked with a Major Liberal. She was Pro-choice, and hated President Bush with a passion. Oh! On top of that she was pregnant with her 3rd child. Her and I got into political debates in the training room many times. And then she would bring up abortion and being pro-choice. She said she would bake cookies for the workers at Planned Parenthood (the place on Gillet St in Appleton were they do abortions). I asked her flat out. How can you be pro-choice and be a mom who is pregnant? For the life of me I can't remember what she said. I think she got emotional on me and pissy.
But it is hard Jen! I agree. That is why I have learned not to say anything unless they bring it up first. That means they open the door and you are more than welcome to put your 2 cents forward. That is not a separation of church/state.
Onto the questions: What would you change if you could? Hmm, my inpatience with life, and trusting more in God's plan than I have in the past. (hope that makes sense)
Are you ever affraid to show a part of your true self? I can say I used to be affraid. I used to be affraid I would offend people, but now I have learned with age that I really don't care what people think. If they don't like me for me, then they aren't worth the time. Also, they were never meant to be my friends in the first place then.
Sorry for my soap box comment also.
Post a Comment