Thursday, March 18, 2010

Patiently Waiting

Read Genesis 16:1-16.

Waiting. Waiting. Waiting. What am I waiting for? Hmm...a job in a Lutheran school is the latest of my heart's desires. Isn't it funny how our heart's desires seem to change (almost) as often as we need new shoes? It's a good thing God knows the plan. He already knows what I need. He has promised to watch over me and provide me with what I need. See Jeremiah 29:11 --> "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

When I have not waited patiently and tried to take matters into my own hands, it has certainly bitten me in the tooshy. Patience, patience, patience... Lord, please grant me TONS of that!

- becky

3 comments:

suelee said...

Been there, done that! I need patience too!

jk said...

is it not funny that we try to teach our children patience yet more often than not we ourselves do not have patience either... very interesting... something I think we all could use a bit of work at ,, knowing God has the ultimate plan for us should be worth the wait indeed :)

Jodes said...

Sister we are all in the same boat here. I think we all at some point in our life, have grown impatient with God's plan, and went it alone trying to make it happen ourselves. And how has that turned out for us? Ummmm! More like this. More stress, and worry. I think when we do that God is up there looking down on us laughing at us or smiling. You know saying "Go ahead try it alone, but it won't work." You know like our parent's told us what not to do when we were younger. And how many us listened to them? Hmpf! Sometimes I did. But they were always right. Giving 100% control over to God with our cares, concerns, and worries is hard. But we have to do it in order for his plan to be seen. It may not happen right away, but everntually we will see it. Believe me I been there many many times. Patience is hard when life gets rough, but we have to prevail through that and trust in his plan for us.