Read Genesis 1:27-31.
As my devotion for today points out, people all look so different, yet we were all created in God's image. The image of God comes out by our actions. The closer that we are to Him, the more His image is reflected from us. I can see God's image reflected by many that I know in many ways. I hope that I am reflecting God's image, too!
So many times, the devil worms his way in. He really is a sneaky snake, isn't he? Every time I sin it's tough to see God's reflection coming through, but it is so important to find it during those moments. The only way for me to kick the devil to the curb is with God's help. The more I ask of His help, the better I will feel about my actions.
I can beautifully reflect God's characteristics by saying only nice things about others, not judging others, and staying faithful in putting God first in my life.
- becky
Monday, March 15, 2010
Created in God's Image
Posted by Becky at 7:59 PM
Labels: Daily Devotional, Genesis, Old Testament
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That devil is a sneaky little monster!
He tries to tell us that talking bad things about people isn't bad if they don't find out or that not going to church just one Sunday won't hurt.
It's hard! But praying to God everyday and meditating on His word is only going to srengthen our faith and bring us closer to Him.
The devil is a sly old fox! That was a song from VBS one year. He is a sly old fox.
But it is hard at times to live a Godly life all the time. Cuz we all sin, and we all have free-will. I can say that Sunday I so just wanted to skip church and go back to bed. I mean with only having 4 hours, if that, of sleep.
But I remembered or God spoke to me saying that is the devil working in you to stay away from HIS word. So I got motivated and went to church. I did feel better after church, because Pastor Tim's sermon was what I needed to hear.
And being around my church family was what I needed as well. I am trying really hard to be the Christian woman I know I can be. But excuses are so much easier to come by. But I will try my hardest to lead by example, to live in God's word, and to be in God's word also. That way I will feel closer to God when I ask him for help or guidance.
Jen, I LOVE the radio station you suggested! That's been helping me to get my mind focused going to work, and relaxed and refocused (again) to go home.
You are both right. We have to force the devil out by surrounding ourselves with constant reminders of God's love for us.
Post a Comment